Occupational Health & Safety Policy
CSS - Care & Support Services Pty Ltd takes responsibility for ensuring the health safety & welfare of all CSS - Care & Support Services Pty Ltd employee’s and visitors in the workplace.
CSS - Care & Support Services Pty Ltd will ensure the health and welfare of employees in the workplace by:
- Providing a safe workplace environment, free of risks to health & welfare.
- Implementing safe work systems and practices.
- Providing appropriate training, support and supervision of existing and new employees.
- Consulting with employees on all matters which effect their health & safety in the workplace.
- Implementing processes for identifying hazards, assessing risks and the elimination (where possible) or control of risks.
- Providing personal protective equipment where necessary.
- Ensuring that people other than employees, in a work place, are not exposed to risks arising from CSS - Care & Support Services Pty Ltd work systems or practices.
CSS - Care & Support Services Pty Ltd recognizes that consultation between field staff and managers is vital to the risk identification process and encourages all employees to contribute to the making of decisions affecting their health, safety and welfare at work. Employees’ will always be consulted in the early phases of the risk management process.
All employees are obliged to report any matter they feel will have an impact on their workplace health, safety and welfare.
Employees will be consulted on all issues/decisions that will impact on their health, safety & welfare, including;
- Risks, and their elimination or control.
- Workplace procedures & practices.
- OHS consultative arrangements.
- Training needs.
- Incidents, illnesses or injuries (in a way that protects the confidentiality of personal information).
- OHS Policies & Procedures, including risk assessments and control measures.
All Managers have a responsibility to ensure that premises, equipment or substances under their control, are safe and without risks to health. Managers must ensure that:
- Employees are trained to meet requirements of the work place.
- Hazards under their control are followed up on.
- Employees are consulted on decisions which affect their health & safety in the workplace.
- Ensuring that all employees are working in compliance with the OH&S Act 2000.
- It is the responsibility of each employee to:
- Take reasonable care of the health, safety & welfare of others in the workplace.
- To cooperate with employers in their efforts to comply with OHS requirements.
- To use equipment properly and as instructed.
- Not to refuse a reasonable request for assistance to prevent a risk to safety or health.
- Not to obstruct attempts to reduce risks, or to provide aid to injured workers, or disrupt a workplace by creating health or safety fears.
- Notify management of any changes that occur in the workplace that may raise health and safety risks.
- Clients are expected to cooperate as far as possible with the requirements of OHS in the workplace.
Responsibilities of Others in the Workplace:
- All visitors to the work place are expected to cooperate as far as possible with requirements of OHS in the workplace.
CSS - Care & Support Services Pty Ltd will review the OHS Policy & Procedure annually in consultation with employees.